Learning Resource Center
SMDRSD College of Education-Learning Resource Center (SMDRSD College of Education LRC) is continually starving to become a valuable resource for its member and knowledge seekers. SMDRSD College of Education LRC plays a fundamental role in the development activities of both students & teachers.
“To aid the development of knowledge seeking minds via timely and quality driven service”
To serve as a catalyst for the overall development of the institution and its related activities and to actively participate in the fructification of the institution’s plan of action.
- Giving timely and qualitative information service to our users.
- Enhancing collection development continually expanding and unproning the
- Availability of learning content-print and e-resource.
- Assisting users to upgrade their knowledge skill in effective usage of library resources and service.
- Enabling users to become better informed in their field of specialization through SDI (Selective dissention of information), via our Website…………………………….
- Promoting e-learning
- Continual upgradation of SMDRSD College of Education LRC Website ……………
- To Select, Acquire, preserve and disseminate relevant and latest information for our users.
- Enabling users to become better informed in their field of specialization
- To procure the booked and other reading materials requisitioned by faculty and student.
- To supply the latest information to all students & faculty members and other users.
- Providing SDI thought display of Newspaper Clipping and employment information on notice board.
Users*: Students, Faculty members, interlibrary members and knowledge seeker per …..
The SMDRSD College of Education LRC is open through out year with the public holidays. Regular timings are
Summer – 8:30am to 4:00 pm
Winter – 9:30am to 4:30pm
SMDRSD College of Education LRC is well Ventilated and naturally lighted hall that has been divided into various section -) Reading Section, Reference Section, Journal Section & Newspapers.
The SMDRSD College of Education LRC collection includes; books, journals, Audio-Visual aids reference books, syllabus, magazine newspapers.
||Books (B.Ed + D.El.Ed.)
||School Text Books
SMDRSD College has formed library committee to formulate policies and guidelines for the smooth functioning of library activities it also involves student representative
- CAS/ Current awareness services
- Reference Service
- Internet Service
- Reprography / Xerox copy service
- Inter Library loan
- Book Bank
- Newspaper Clipping
- Magazine Clipping
*SMDRSD College of Education, LRC follows open Assess system / close Access system where by user have use access to the books collect
Library Extension Activities
* Book Exhibition:- to create awareness and to know about latest books in their subject.
* Subject suggestion form: – to improve library service and to build good knowledge resource.
- Ed section
- T.T. Section
- Journal Section
- Reference Section
- Newspaper Section
- Display Section
- Storing Section
- Library Cabin
- The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on the reader’s ticket.
- Books are issued for 14 days only. An automatic fine of Rs. 5 only per day charged.
- Books lost, defaced or injured in any way shall have to be replaced by borrower.
- The librarian may use call a book at anytime in case of urgency.
- The report of the lost of the identity card and reader’s tickets should be made immodestly.
- Reference books, Figurative of illustrated material and journal are not issued to anyone.
- Perfect order and silent to maintain in the library at all time.
- Student on leave must arrange to return to the books in time.
- Do not use mobile phone in the library
For assistance & enquiries please contact Ms Rajni Bala
SMDRSD College of Education LRC Pathankot