D.EI.Ed. Eligibility

 Minimum Educational Qualification: Senior Secondary (PLUS 2) Exam (CLASS 12th) Or Equivalent passed with minimum 50 percent marks for General Category and 45 percent marks for SC/ST Category. No candidate with Reappear/Compartment/Result Later etc. shall be eligible to apply.

Proposed Intake:- The intake of seats in this admission for Humanities, Science, Commerce and Vocational Stream will be in the ratio of 60:20: 10: 10 seats respectively for as per combined merit, meant for any institution.

Merit Criteria : As per NCTE rules, the candidates of General Category who have obtained at least 50% marks in 10+2 or equivalent will be eligible. Five percent relaxation in marks will be given to SC/ST students. The admission will be on merit basis. No additional marks will be given for Higher Education.

Language:-· Candidates must have passed Punjabi upto matric level/standard.

Additional Condition: To ensure high quality standards, any candidate who has not passed every subject in Class X Examination shall not be eligible to apply for admission to D.El.Ed.

Maximum Age: General Category Candidate-36 years on the closing date of application with Five years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Reservation:- For all Institutions, reservation shall apply as per the Punjab Government policy guidelines.

Counselling, Scrutiny and Verification: A committee headed by Director General School Education, and consisting of Director SCERT shall supervise the admission process and Principals of DIETs/Private Institution concerned shall scrutinize the documents of the candidates who are provisionally admitted/ allotted institute in the centralized counselling. Only one round of counselling will be held for fulfilment of the admission process.

Filling of D.EI.Ed seats in private institutions:- As per policy, 60% of seats in -private institution will be filled on the basis combined merit through centralized counselling by the SCERT and remaining 40% seats of management quota will be filled by the concerned institutions subject to minimum qualification mentioned in this notification. The concerned institutions will take the permission from SCERT regarding the admission process for the 40% management seats.

Fees:- The private Self Financed D.El.Ed. Institutions will charge fees as determined by the fee fixation committee constituted by the Department of School Education, Govt. of Punjab.           

Fee for D.El.Ed. 2018-20 & 2019-21 :

40000/- Per Year ( For Counseling Seats)

44000/- Per Year ( For Management Quota Seats)

(Excluding Board Examination Fee)

Admission No guarantee to Government Employment: Admission to government or privately run D.El.Ed. Diploma Course or passing of the said course shall not confer any right to employment upon the recipient of such a diploma in -the employment of the state or elsewhere.

Migration:- Migration will be considered of admitted candidates from one institute to another under rare compassionate /deserving circumstances within one month of admission in first semester only. However, if any application! applications are received after one month, Govt. may consider of rejecting the same at its own sole discretion.

No mid term filling of seats: – There shall be no mid-term filling up of vacancies caused due to any reason whatsoever.

False Documents: – The admission of any candidate found to have obtained on the basis of false, forged, fabricated or tampered documents shall be liable to be cancelled at any stage, besides registering a criminal case against him and barring him for re- admission in the D.El.Ed Course for a period of three years.