- Candidates with at least 50 % marks either in the Bachelor’s Degree and/or in the Master’s degree or any other qualification declared equivalent thereto, are eligible for admission to the programme.
- The reservation in seats and relaxation in the qualifying marks in favor of the reserved categories shall be as per rules of the concerned Govt. of Punjab. The above norms are as per Para 3(2) of Appendix IV of N.C.T.E. Notification No. F-51F1/2007-N.C.T.E (N&S) dated 27-11-2007.
Note-i):- Any candidate with less than 50% or less marks would not be eligible.
Note-ii):- There shall be a relaxation of 5% marks in favor of SC/BC of candidates. Candidate with less than 45% marks belonging to these categories shall not be eligible.
Provided that such minimum qualifying marks shall not automatically entitle a candidate to get admission in an institution but only entitle the candidate concerned to fulfill other institutional criteria notified by the institution concerned or by the Government concerned from time to time to apply for admission.
- Candidate must have studied the major subject of the subject combination for at least three years at Bachelor’s level/Master’s level. Honors students shall opt for major subject in which they have obtained Honors, the minor subject should have been studied at least for one year.
- Candidates, who have appeared for qualifying examination and whose results have not been declared may be provisionally allowed to apply for counseling at their own risk and responsibility but they shall become eligible for counseling only after they have produced the evidence of having satisfied the above said conditions on the date of counseling.
- Result Late (RL)/Re-evaluation/ Compartment cases, if their results are declared before final counseling, shall be considered subject to availability of the seats only.
- In case of students who have done Honors in Languages such as Hindi, Punjabi and English, the major subject will be language. Such candidates would be allotted minor subject by the college on the basis of other subject option/s permissible to the candidate by the respective University and the availability of the same in the respective college.
1. B.Sc. (Medical):
2. B.Sc. (Non-Medical):
- Physical Science-Language
3. B.Sc. (Home Science) :
4. B.C.A./B.Sc.-I.T. Graduate :
- Computer Sci-Language
- Computer Sci-Math
5. Arts graduates (B.A.):
- Physical Education-Language
- Math- Language
- History- Language
- Home Science-Language
6. B.A. Honors (Language)
- English-Minor (Possible & Available in college)
- Hindi- Minor (Possible & Available in college)
- Punjabi- Minor (Possible & Available in college)
- Language (major) – Language (minor)
7. B.E., B.Tech.
*Teaching of Social Studies shall be opted by the graduates who have taken up any two of the following subjects at B.A./M.A. level:-
(i) History, (ii) Geography, (iii) Political Science, (iv) Sociology, (v) Economics, (vi) Public Administration, (vii) Philosophy, (viii) Psychology, (ix) Education, (x) Defense Studies, (xi) Religious Studies, (xii) Social Work, (xiii) Community Education
- The duration of B.Ed. course shall be of two years as per NCTE Regulations, 2014, Notification on F.51-1/2014-NCTE (N&S) dated 28th November published in Gazette of India on 01st December 2014 and Govt. of Punjab Notification No.14/18/2011-3Edu.1/464275 dated 17.04.2015.
- The admission to various member education colleges of various universities located in the State of Punjab will be done strictly as per the norms laid down by NCTE and Govt. of Punjab by the Federation of Self Financed College of Education, Punjab through centralized online counseling. However admission to the seats under 15% All India Quota will be done as per the reservation policy of Central Govt.
- The merit of each candidate shall be determined on the basis of marks secured by him/her in the qualifying degree i.e., graduation. There will not be any entrance test.
- The combined merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks secured by the candidate in qualifying examination i.e., graduation.
- When two or more candidates have secured equal marks in the counseling their Inter-se-merit admission will be decided on the following criteria in the order of preference.
- Candidates having Master’s degree.
- Candidate with higher percentage of marks in Master’s Degree.
- Candidate older in age.
- If a sufficient number of candidates belonging to reserved category (ies) are not available, the vacant seats will be offered to candidates in open/general category. Likewise, if seats under 85% state categories remain vacant, these would be transferred to 15% All India category and vice-versa.
- As 5% marks will be given to candidates seeking under 85 % quota who have passed their 8th and 10th class examination from schools situated in rural areas of Punjab. For this, they will have to submit a certificate of that school falling in rural area at the time of passing 8th as well as 10th class issued by the Head of the School, duly countersigned by the concerned D.E.O. for schools affiliated to State Board and counter signed by the Sarpanch for Schools affiliated with CBSE/ICSE Boards.
- The reservation of seats as given above shall be strictly adhere to. However in case seats in reserve category remain vacant on account of non availability of qualified candidates such seats may be filled up from the general category candidates.
- The admission of total number of seats in the colleges of education for candidates belonging to different subjects will be done as per the norms laid down by N.C.T.E. as per clause 3.1 of the appendix i.e.,1-25 students per teacher for a school subject.
- Candidates applying for the reserved category shall carefully indicate the claim for only one category in the admission form to be submitted on line in the first instance before the counseling. No change of category will be entertained/permitted at a later stage in the application form.
- The allocation of college will be made through counseling to be conducted by FSFCOE, Punjab.
- There will be only one counseling (as per Hon’ble’ Supreme Court of India CWP No. 276 of 2012) for admission to B.Ed. seats and the total process of counseling will be completed as per the policy.
- That in the case of subject combination, every institute must fill at least 24% seats out of the total approved intake of seats with any one or more of the following combinations :
Physical Science- Maths/Life Science/Language*
(* Language; English/Punjabi/Hindi/Sanskrit)
- The affiliating university will ensure that no college is affiliated for less than 24% of the seats in the above mentioned subjects in any case. Federation will also ensure the same while conducting counseling to fill up the seats in the respective colleges.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that correct information is provided when the online form is filled. Any incorrect information will lead to disqualification.
- In online counseling only the major subject would be allotted, the minor subject would be allotted by the college. Allocation of seats does not mean confirmation of admission. The admission will be confirmed by the college concerned after checking and verification of documents.
- For filling up of seats, in the first instance, three counseling rounds of All India seats will be held. The seats falling vacant in All India quota will be converted into Science and Arts seats. Then three counseling rounds for Science seats will be held. The seats falling vacant in the Science quota will be converted into Arts seats. After that, the counseling will start for the Arts seats.
- The successful candidates will report in the allotted college within the given time as per the schedules key dates available on the web site i.e., www.bedpunjab.net and deposit the prescribed fee for B.Ed course to confirm the allotment. Otherwise admission to B.Ed course session 2015-2017 shall stand cancelled automatically.
- The candidates are required to bring all certificates in original along with one set of photocopies of each document and two photographs identical to be pasted on the application form at the time of depositing fee in the concerned college. In case any candidate fails to produce the required original certificate, his admission to B.Ed course shall stand cancelled automatically.
- The Principal of the college shall be responsible to ascertain the eligibility of the candidate and authenticity of documents before the admission of the candidate in the respective college i.e., at the time of confirmation of allotted seat, the concerned Principal will verify the documents of the candidate. If it is found that the information provided by the student during on-line registration was wrong (such information which may affect the merit), the college will cancel the allotment and no claim will be entertained in this regard.
- The fee for the B.Ed. course has been notified as recommended by the constituted Fee Fixation Committee and approved by the Federation of Self Financed Colleges of Education (Regd.) Punjab
- Fee for B.Ed. 2018-20 : 30000/- Per Semester
- Fee for B.Ed. 2019-21 : 30000/- Per Semester
- After completion of counseling, the admissions committee will take decision about filling of unfilled seats. The method proposed would be in light of the decisions taken by Hon’ble Punjab and Haryana High Court regarding C.W.P. No. 19518 dated 14.12.2009.
- Whatsoever information the college wants to give to the candidate should be made available on college website. There should be a help desk in each college to guide the students about the subject combinations and filling up of Admission Forms.
- The exact date of classes for B.Ed. course in the colleges under this counseling will be intimated on website.
- Detail information about the admission process is available at the website bedpunjab.net